Sunday 1 February 2015

The Lucky Guy

Tosca has roots in this area
The road to the dam in the evening light
Lesson in taking a selfie

Sun Moon Lake just before sunset
 I WAS lucky!  The Taizhong Toastmasters had been planning a weekend to Sun Moon Lake and I happened to arrive at the meeting three days before the event.  Right away I knew I wanted to go and was delighted when they said OK.
Drove up with Bill and Miranda (Bill is a retired guy who married Miranda an has lived in Taiwan for some time.)  We went up the cable car.  Took lots of photos which are on my Flickr site:

www.flickr.com
In the evening we stayed at Jason's (parents') mansion in the hills.  Next day we went on a number of trips on scary,winding mountain roads to Aboriginal sites and the dam that supplies water for the lake.
This only a part of the club
What made the trip the most fun was the people.  Some are local and some have come from far away, but they seem to share a bond of support, caring and having fun together.  It goes far beyond the original goal of encouraging members to develop their public speaking skills.  I could never have managed so much exploration of the region by myself.
Tomorrow I go on to Tainan, but I will return to Taizhong and hope to keep in touch with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment