Wednesday 11 February 2015

I'm planning a big step tomorrow - signing up for a three month course at Taichung University department of education.  One huge advantage of this is that they have accommodation at a reasonable price.  I can have my own room which is three minutes walk from class!  Why didn't I do this before?
The staff at the University were very welcoming and gave me all the information and forms to fill out.  They seem well adapted to foreigners.  I guess there was no way of really finding out the details by doing it online.  I needed to see the place, meet the people and get the right recommendations. Also the semester starts after the spring festival on Feb 18th and I couldn't start in the middle of a semester.
It has been such a benefit to have the help of Jin Yao.  She teaches at a university, has all the connections and knows people who have graduated from this place.  Its been great being surrounded by a thousand options, but suddenly a whole lot of new doors have opened and I can see a pathway into the future.  It feels good.  Taichung University also encourages what Jin Yao calls 'long life learning' so there may be things I can teach as well as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment