Tuesday 10 February 2015

Chen Jin Yao at Sun Moon Lake

Had a happy day with Chen Jin Yao.  We went back to Sun Moon Lake.



 I must be starting to think in Chinese, but it feels like I must have been granted extraordinary luck during one of my temple visits.  My trip has been guided by the theme of openness to new experiences and this one definitely qualifies.  Jin Yao knows this place very well, in fact she seemed to be related to about half the people we met.  We enjoyed ourselves driving around the windy mountain roads; stopping at the Tea Factory, high pagoda, aboriginal village and other places.

 Sun Moon Lake has many impressive temples.  The one in the pictures attracts visitors from all over the world and they seem to like to give large amounts of money.  I really liked the temple to Xuan Zang, the Buddhist monk who spent 17 years during the Tang dynasty walking to India and back.  It has actual monks and felt very peaceful.                                                                                                                                    
 Tonight I will return to the Toastmasters club which will be a lot of fun because I'll see the people again who I met 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment