Monday 7 December 2015

Random shots of daily life

The view outside my apartment
Its great to have goals, but Life is what happens along the way.
Not a terrorist shooting a luck lion

I came to encourage music education
I had no idea how the photo on the right would look when I took it.  The smoke is from fire crackers. These guys are simply heading into the store.
Unexpected lunchtime bonus

 I was invited to speak to parents at a music school.  They actually paid me! (I might have done it for free.)  The girls on the right were awesome.  They are celebrating the opening of a new store.  I think in Xi'an you can find someone for everything.
Love this photo.  He is six.

The little guy on the left played with such confidence!  My job was to tell the parents that they should keep the kids practising regularly because it will be very good for them in the future.
I must head off for my lunch in the nearby plaza.  I usually have a subway sandwich.  Its surprising how sunny the plaza gets in the afternoon, even though the area is a bit hazy (to put it politely)

Today I used the Ubike to go to a local museum.  I love to look at the ancient Buddha statues.


My usual lunchtime hangout
They continue to dig stuff out of the ground in the area around Xi'an.  The museum has very many treasures like the one below.  Only a fraction of them are actually on display.
This gorgeous 6th century Buddha was dug up near Xi'an in the 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment