Sunday 22 March 2015

 Along the theme of "He who kisses the joy as it flies / lives in eternity's sunrise" I figured I should put more people in my blogs.  Jason, on the right, used to live in Burnaby, although he is a native born Taiwanese.  He's standing by the poster for his new dance studio which is currently looking for new students.  He teaches ballroom dancing much of which he learned at my old Alma Mater - UBC.  Taichung has all sorts of people operating a wide variety of individual enterprises.  I've never seen so many small businesses: restaurants, bookstores, Chinese medicine shops, tea shops, motor-cycle repair shops.  This venue (in the photo) was actually a busy used book sale with live bands, performances and many tables selling food and lots of other products and services.
      On the left is Jin Yao who teaches English at a beautiful private University near Taichung.. She studied at the University of Western Australia in Perth and is thinking of returning there to finish off her Phd.  Those flowers are in the huge glass conservatory that forms a part of the Taichung Museum of Science and Technology.
      Last night at a pizza restaurant a Taiwanese man pulled up on a bicycle and joined me at my table.  He has retired, lives nearby, has excellent  English as his business often took him to the states.  Oddly his mane is Simon and he is almost exactly the same age as me.  I need to get a photo of Simon on his bike.  He invited me to his 9th floor apartment and it is truly beautiful.  One huge room is set aside for Qi Gong.  The lay-out has generally a Japanese feel to it, but he also has Italian marble walls, hardwood floor, German designed kitchen features and so much open space,  We drank Pu'er tea, he played some music and it was all wonderfully relaxing.
    "Kiss the joy as it flies....."  I don't know exactly what Blake was thinking,  but every day is a treasure if you really look at it.I intend to make a practise of trying to feature individuals in my blog.  I hope they will agree to be photographed in action, so to speak.





No comments:

Post a Comment